The management of safety within workplaces, especially in this period marked by the Covid-19 virus pandemic, requires great attention from all those involved in business activity, from the individual worker to the employer, and is a key issue regardless of the characteristics of the activity performed and the size of the company.
Managing the various aspects of occupational safety regulations can appear complex, and in fact many companies–in order to do it properly–choose to rely on the advice of outside professionals. In reality, however, occupational safety management can be carried out safely and satisfactorily using special software designed to adapt to the needs of different production realities and to ensure maximum efficiency. Using these tools increases company safety, improves the quality of work and the health of workers, and ensures that all obligations are completed on time, without omissions or delays.For all these reasons, relying on occupational safety management software can be a real game changer for your company!
Let’s find out in detail all the advantages of this solution:
- Software makes it possible to efficiently and safely manage the assignment of PPE to employees: proper management of PPE is essential to ensure worker safety, and the selection of devices to be provided to each employee must be made following a precise path. Misinterpretation of a standard or procedure, in fact, can lead to the delivery of unsuitable or noncompliant PPE, which in the most serious cases can even put the worker’s safety at risk. Using management software, it is possible to safely and efficiently assign each employee the PPE he or she needs, updating or modifying the equipment should special needs arise, without running the risk of making mistakes or forgetting.
- Software helps with PPE inventory management: having all the necessary PPE on hand at all times, in the appropriate number, is critical to ensuring worker safety, and the use of software can be extraordinarily helpful in this area as well. By centrally managing supplies and PPE assignments to employees, in fact, you can keep your inventory under control at all times and avoid finding yourself without essential materials.
- Software makes it possible to keep track of deadlines related to different obligations at all times: each company must put in place measures to monitor the health of its employees and take care of their occupational safety training, defining together with the Medical Officer, RSPP and RLS a series of actions based on the company DVR. Managing these activities is extremely challenging, especially if you choose to do so in a targeted and timely manner, without offering all employees the same training courses and prevention activities. Workplace safety management software helps companies better manage all the various deadlines, preventing noncompliance or delays and allowing them to build truly effective employee training paths.
- A software allows all company resources to use a single digital tool: if, within the company, different employees deal with various aspects of occupational safety management, each will most likely do so using their own means (paper documents, Excel files, alerts on their personal calendar…) that cannot be controlled centrally. This way of proceeding creates a great deal of confusion, prevents the company from having an overview of what is being done to protect the health of workers, and can create significant difficulties when the people who organized the data are absent or change jobs or duties. By using occupational safety management software, all these issues are solved: all employees refer to a single tool, data are stored centrally, and the company is able to verify at any time everything that has been done or planned in the area of worker health and safety protection.
- Software can enable workers’ health to be monitored in relation to Covid-19 risk: the spread of the Covid-19 virus has caused a real increase in the risk to which workers are exposed, and has therefore forced companies to review their DVRs and implement a series of measures necessary to prevent the creation of outbreaks within workplaces. By using technology solutions specifically dedicated to Covid risk monitoring-such as Kalmo Smart Monitoring-companies can effectively protect the health of their employees by making Best Available Technology (BAT) available to them for risk containment.
- A software is updated in real time: an occupational safety software is able to communicate with the company database in which employee records are collected, and is therefore always up-to-date on any changes of role and task, on the emergence of particular situations that increase the risk level of individual employees, on the training courses already carried out by each of them, and so on.
- A software stores data and provides assurance over the long term, including from a legal point of view: using a software for occupational safety management allows the company to store and retain all data related to the risk reduction interventions put in place. The training courses in which employees participate, the results of medical examinations, interventions to modify and update the DVR, the provision of PPE and all other relevant data remain available to the company, which can also use them in the event of litigation to prove that it has put in place all the necessary preventive measures to minimize all kinds of risks and protect the health of workers.
- A software allows you to dematerialize documentation: a software gives you the ability to digitally store and archive a large amount of data that, in this way, will no longer have to be printed and stored in a physical location, thus saving time and money, while still maintaining the ability to print the documents required during inspection or audit.
- A software contributes to increasing attention on the subject of safety and risk prevention: any intervention aimed at reducing risk and increasing safety in the workplace must necessarily start with the direct involvement of all workers. Equipping oneself with workplace safety management software means increasing the company’s safety culture and allows employees to be personally involved, encouraging the adoption of behaviors aimed at reducing risk.
- A software helps decrease occupational injuries and illnesses, thus allowing the company to work better and save money.The ultimate goal of health surveillance is to make workers’ activities safer, avoiding injuries and ensuring their health and well-being in the long run as well. All this results not only in improved quality of life for employees, but also in increased company efficiency, cost savings, and improved performance at every level.